RIVVAL is delighted to announce the receipt of Network Rail full product acceptance for its elevated troughing system.
Following extensive site trials on the Felixstowe Branch Line Capacity Enhancement, where approximately three miles of the elevated troughing was installed, and comprehensive testing the product has now received its Certificate of Acceptance PA05/06747.
The RIVVAL elevated troughing system is an efficient and effective cable management system utilising glass reinforced plastic (GRP) in 6m lengths to protect and contain cables along the trackside.
The elevated troughing system is extremely light whilst maintaining a high level of stability over its six-metre suspended length. It is easy to install and offers reliable protection for cables against influences from the outside.
The rugged system allows for use in topographically difficult terrains such as uneven ground surface, slopes and inclines, bends, viaducts and bridges. This provides maximum flexibility when it comes to cable protection and ease of installation.
Three different variants are available providing a range suitable for applications with varying cable capacities.
The RIVVAL elevated troughing system provides the following advantages: –
• One-piece supporting structure and cable duct;
• Quick-action fasteners for the lid
• Standard span of 6m;
• Reduced transport costs compared to other trackside cable management products;
• Lower storage costs than other trackside cable management products;
• Solid design, made of glass fibre reinforced plastic material (GRP);
• High mechanical stability;
• Permanent dimensional stability between -30 °C and +85 °C
Photo credit: RIVVAL