Rail industry leaders and stakeholders will be in Newcastle on Thursday (November 23) for a flagship event for the sector to discuss the journey ahead.
The Railway Industry Association (RIA) North Rail Summit, which takes at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Newcastle from 9am, is expected to attract more than 150 leaders and senior players, to discuss the strategic direction of the industry in the North. The event is open to all rail suppliers and stakeholders interested in the director of the industry in the North.
Among the confirmed speakers includes Sambit Banerjee, Joint Chief Executive Siemens Mobility UK&I and Managing Director Rolling Stock and Customer Service, Rob Cairns, Network Rail’s Capital Delivery Director in the Eastern Region, Kim McGuinness Labour candidate for North East Devolved Authority & Northumbria Police & Crime Commissioner, and Councillor Martin Gannon the Leader of Gateshead Council.
There will also be trailblazers session and drinks reception from 5pm.
David Clarke, RIA North Lead and Technical Director at RIA, said: “With panel discussions, presentations, an exhibition and a Trailblazer session, the event will be full of insights and opportunities for the supply chain to engage and network.
“The day will give the supply chain an opportunity to re-connect with stakeholders, clients and suppliers and help re-enforce your commercial credentials to decision makers working in the North.”
· Cllr Martin Gannon – Leader of Gateshead Council
· Tobyn Hughes – Director – Transport North East
· Kim McGuinness – Labour candidate for North East Devolved Authority & Northumbria Police & Crime Commissioner
· Rob Cairns – Network Rail Capital Delivery Director, Eastern
· Sambit Banerjee – Joint Chief Executive, Siemens Mobility UK&I and Managing Director Rolling Stock and Customer Service
· Angela Cruickshank – Sustainable Rail Programme Lead, RSSB
· Jess Bates – Client Director (Regional Programmes) & UK Governors for Schools Programme Lead – AtkinsRealis
· David Bassett – Graduate & Apprentice Programmes Manager – Network Rail
· David Clarke – RIA North Lead and Technical Director
· Rose Garber – RIA Members Relations Director
· Justin Moss – RIA North Chair
· Dave Maddison – RIA North Vice-Chair
Photo credit: Shutterstock